This is a rare opening for a senior software and application services Sales Executive. You will have the potential to progress to Sales Manager within twelve months depending upon performance. You will be specifically responsible for new business development by proactively developing leads and responding to in-bound marketing leads.
The purpose of the role is to build a meaningful sales dialogue with prospective clients by understanding and qualifying their software problem(s) and needs. This person will contribute to the organisation's annual sales and marketing plan.
Although ideally working from a head office in Exeter, you could be based elsewhere (e.g. Bristol, London) as long as you are prepared to work a minimum of one day in Exeter.
We are looking for the following experience...
- A minimum 2-3 years of proven experience selling bespoke development services within the software, mobile or web applications industries
- Strong business acumen for uncovering, evaluating, growing and closing sales opportunities within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage a large number of active opportunities while simultaneously uncovering and closing new sales opportunities
- Must have a proven history of overachievement
- Understanding of the software sales cycle and software development methodologies
- Experience of selling into the mid-market and enterprise business sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a strong influencer over the phone and in-person with board level or senior management clients
- Degree level education from either STEM or Business, Sales or Marketing
- Fluent in English
- Full UK Driving License a benefit
On offer is an excellent package...
- Significant £OTE with higher than average basic and uncapped bonus/commission
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director and board
- Rapid career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Holiday entitlement expanding year on year
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options after successful probation
Your key responsibilities in this Senior Technical Sales Executive role shall be...
- Promote, market and sell the organisation's software, mobile application and web development services to grow territory/region/account base/named accounts as outlined in the agreed Sales & Marketing Plan
- Actively prospect new customers (email, phone, social media, events, etc.)
- Achieve agreed sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline and forecast in sales software
- Regularly liaise with the technology and marketing teams to match customer expectations and satisfaction
- Attend and support trade shows, conferences or other networking events to promote the organiation.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales activity reports for Board level
- Some travel to London and throughout the UK
- Occasional travel in Europe and potentially America
This is a full-time/permanent role.
Send me your CV now for immediate consideration - prompt feedback is promised.
prosperIS is a recruitment consultancy specialised in the provision of skilled Sales and Business Development professionals across the South-West.
We believe this role is commutable from Exeter. Exmouth, Totnes, Torbay, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Dawlish and large parts of South Devon and West Somerset.