Job Title: Development Team Lead.
Salary: Highly competitive salary available for this role, in line with local market rates.
Start Date: April / May 2019.
Development Leader / Development Manager / Project Manager
Software Development / Application Development
An exceptional new opportunity has arisen with our dynamic customer for an experienced Development Team Lead to join a successful and expanding team here in Cardiff. This will be a hands-on but senior position, designed to lead a fast-paced Software Development teams. Through your staff you will be responsible for the development, modification and continuing enhancement of our customer's in-house systems. You should have the ability to innovate and provide disruptive solutions, along with the ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
This role will appeal to a self-motivated individual who is keen to develop their existing skills, to develop additional skills and learn new ways of working within our customer's dynamic, fun and friendly environment. This role would see the successful applicant working within an Agile environment, meaning that for the most part the team will be self-managing. We would anticipate that you will be running the team for around 80% of your time, leaving you with the remaining 20% to get your hands dirty.
We anticipate that the successful applicant for this exciting new Development Team Lead role will be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities:
*learn existing systems and work towards locating and repairing problems in code.
*show accountability, responsibility and transparency to your team.
*fulfil any HR requirements in leading the team (i.e. approval of leave, carry out regular 1 to 1’s, etc.).
*play a key role in the removal of legacy systems and work with the latest technologies to provide new solutions to suit business needs.
*carry out code reviews as required.
*introduce new approaches to development as and when required.
*work cooperatively as part of the IT management team.
*ensure all changes comply with our quality standards.
*assist with new project and product development.
*provide product and process improvement feedback and suggestions.
*stay up-to-date with new technologies and best practices and to share knowledge with other members of the Development team.
To prove successful within this fantastic new opportunity, we anticipate that the successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
*degree in a Computing / Technical discipline, or commensurate commercial experience.
*prior experience in leading or managing a team.
*experience of working within an Agile environment.
*proven Software Development track record, covering the full development life cycle.
*experience of working on Web Applications and Back End Systems.
*experience of working in an API driven environment.
*experience using version control systems.
*a genuine love of IT.
The following would be desirable, though not essential, skills for the successful applicant to have:
*Financial services background.
*experience with Adobe Flex, AJAX, ASP.NET, Crystal Reports, Delphi, MySQL, MVC, NoSQL, PHP, Python, SQLite, Sybase.
*experience of using Angular.
*experience of using Azure DevOps or TFS.
Should you feel that you possess the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed within this exceptional opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Development Team Lead within a dynamic organisation, then please contact us for further information and details.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.